If you are facing a public speaking event or a presentation then I really hope you keep reading – so I can tell you about my experience with presenting and show you what I used to get over my fears.
Throughout my entire lifetime I’ve naturally been pretty shy and quiet, especially when I’m around a group of people I’m not familiar with. I’ve read that it’s a pretty common feature in people and that almost everyone (except for extremely charismatic people) really suffer when they have to do presentations in front of live audiences.
This was extremely true for me. I remember during grade school and all through high school being terrified of making even the smallest presentations. I would never raise my hand in class and I absolutely despised even going up to the chalk board to spell a word or do a math problem. I was so overcome with fear that I can still remember the agony of just thinking about being laughed at or made fun of if I tripped or did the problem wrong.
I always assumed that with practice, my fear of public speaking would get better and better – but that just wasn’t the case and during my years at college, it got worse.
During my senior year I had a big presentation due for English class. If I bombed the presentation I would undoubtedly fail and miss graduation, so the pressure was on. I spent weeks preparing. I would do the presentation over and over again. Then I’d rewrite it and do it again. I’d practice in front of a mirror to try and calm my nerves and make sure all the words were flowing together – I felt confident at points and the next minute I’d say to myself, “This is the worst presentation ever, you’re going to fail, and everyone (even the teacher) is going to be laughing at you!”
To make a long story short --- I failed that presentation. I took the podium like I’d always done before. Shaking, swaying and fidgeting, with buckets of sweat draining from my forehead and hands, I would fumble over the simplest of phrases (If I was lucky enough to get started) By the time I’d walked from my chair to the stage I’d already completely forgotten what I was going to say… Eventually I just walked off the stage and left the classroom - One of the most embarrassing days of my life.
Eventually I did make it through college, but things didn’t get any easier. In November ’07 I faced six or seven presentations for my job.
I started getting desperate in late September. I started thinking about getting on stage and bombing my presentations right in front of my colleagues and bosses. This presentation literally could make or break my career. I had to completely blow them away. So the first thing I did was start looking for some help.
Turns out, the first webpage I clicked on, turned out to be the same page that would COMPLETELY change my life!
It was called undoityouself.com I read through their sales process and was really blown away by the quality of their page. They had these video testimonials from some pretty prominent people and they were absolutely gorgeous. I read through all the features and figured to hell with it, if this product is guaranteed for life I may as well order it and see what it’s all about, even though my wife called me an “idiot” because she swore I was throwing my money into a scam.
Once I started the program (It’s called The Lefkoe Method) I became really psyched by the possibility that maybe this would be the ticket to overcoming my fears once and for all.
It’s hard to explain how it works… but what it does is seemingly force you to change how you think about speaking in public and interacting with people. I watched the DVD’s as I prepared for my presentation and found that I was more comfortable. I listened to the lady who was narrating throughout the program and she gave me the confidence to go deep inside my beliefs and truly find what was holding me back.
About a week later I did my first presentation to approximately 120 people and believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it. I did have a few rocky points in the beginning of my presentation but after about a minute I settled in and really started flowing through my speech. It was nice to actually succeed at standing and actually having people listen – instead of snicker and stare at how pathetic I was behind the podium.
Now I’m not one to approve or endorse a product, but I feel so strongly about The Lefkoe Method and what I did for my life and career that I think it would be wrong for other men/women like me who are struggling to stop their fear of presenting and have no where to turn.
You Can Visit UnDoItYourself.com and learn more about The Lefkoe Method By Clicking Here.
The best of luck to you,Glenn McDermid
this isn't a blog, it's an advertisment.
ReplyDeleteI agree w/ the previous post. This doesn't sound objective.
ReplyDeleteDoes this really work, has anyone else out there used this product?
ReplyDeletewhere are the rest of his Blog postings? I feel empowered by some things but apparently I am not as rich as this guy to be able to afford to pay to advertise it
ReplyDeletedoes public speaking help?
ReplyDeletewhy don't they just link directly to the site they're advertising instead of pointing here? awful troll is awful.
ReplyDeleteIt's obviously an ad because I found it on Google AdWords. So he's paying to advertise this "blog-ad" - as a marketing person I would have to say it's fairly clever but much too obvious. Everyone who posted a comment knew this was really an ad. But it would be MUCH more clever if he did some SEM and people found this blog-ad in organic search. Also, I would put much more information about the Lefkoe method up here as more of a teaser AND advertise the Lefkoe method on ADWords, doing both (correctly) can get you higher organic search rankings
ReplyDeletethis is a crap.. load of shittt...
ReplyDeletedummy bloggggggg
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteUndoityouself.com?
ReplyDeleteI think he means undoityourself.com.
The fake blog was easy to spot and the typo in the URL just makes it funnier.
wow, what a touching story. yah right! man , this is just plain funny.
ReplyDeleteGlenn, your blog sucks. It lacks credibility and I don't believe you are familiar with the LEFKOE Method.
ReplyDeleteIs it Lefkoe Method of advertising a scam ?
ReplyDeleteThis blog is just so unreal.
Anyway thanks for the new trick. I just got a new lesson for my Internet marketing.
ReplyDeleteOMG THIS WORKS I BOUGHT THE DVD LAST WEEK AND IT WORKS
ReplyDeleteOK. I personally prefer visiting http://www.toastmasters.org/ or the page of Toastmasters International. That was done by me through http://www.d13tm.com/ or my home District 13 URL. There I found and joined http://edgewood.freetoasthost.com/ or Edgewood Toastmasters Chapter/Club 631552-13. For a cost-effective rate, I work on and conquer my 'fear of public speaking weekly.' I encourage you to do the same thing through Toastmasters as well.
ReplyDeleted13tmrick
Just have a couple shots of Jack before you step up to the mic... it's much less expensive and works great ;)
ReplyDeleteThis might also be one of those products that promises heaven and delivers nothing. I haven't used it, but who knows it might work for you. Better to try out.
ReplyDeletei use dale carnegie.it works and simple.u can say what u wanna say.
ReplyDeleteOK--this is an ad for a speaker I heard about two years ago and loved. I'll admit that up front. But his materials and blogs are FREE. If you want his script for speaking in public--simply a script that works in all situations and will make you feel comfortable without psychotherapy--go to www.powerdiversity.com and check out Dan O'Connor's recent blog on public speaking. One blog will change your life if you memorize the first few lines of a short script and plug in the rest. Simple.
ReplyDeleteMargaret Dunn
What a hoax. This is just an ad.
ReplyDeleteAs you have problem in speaking in front of public and you are not able to face public with confidence, then you should do a Public Speaking course. Many people have Public speaking phobia and they are afraid to face public. But now you need not to worry about this bcoz ''Anurag Aggarwal'' is the solution of your problem.
ReplyDeleteHe is a well known and very experienced trainer. He has trained more than 40000 corporate professionals. Anurag Aggarwal Institute of Public Speaking gives you a course which strives to bring out the best personality in you. It aims at your over all development making a full fledged confident individual.
Each participant has unique needs, so every program is customized to the individual participant. Our experts can help any presenter develop world-class speaking skills! Anurag Aggarwal's Public Speaking Skills program is a high level public speaking class that help good speakers become great speakers and great speakers become world-class speakers!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS AMAZING COURSE---
Call Shikha - 9582121300
http://anuragaggarwal.com/
oh come on.........
ReplyDeleteits all crap...ok ill tel you the yy method..
JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND GO AHEAD MAN.
OOOOWWHH!!!!!!ITS HURT!!!!!!!!!JUST KEEP ON GOING MAN
ReplyDeletethat is a messsssssss!!!!!!!!!!you're giving an ad!!!!!!!meesssss
ReplyDeleteI took a public speaking class, and learnt a lot from my coach, and I'm now setting up a FREE website cum blog on public speaking called SpeakUpTips.com to share some public speaking tips to my visitors. Thanks to my public speaking coach for suggesting this name.
ReplyDeletepure 100% bull....
ReplyDeletefor your benefit visit:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.towardsx.blogspot.com/
this is bad. if u stick ur neck out to help people with such conditions, do it well and don't create ad.
ReplyDeletepfff....you're better off taking acting classes. All you need to know about public speaking you learn there. PLUS you'll get better at reading people. :D so two pluses!
ReplyDeleteyou might like this post: http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Does-One-Feel-Afraid
ReplyDeleteThis appears to be useful product.
ReplyDeleterubbish blog
ReplyDeleteSuch problems are really go through with horrible condition if not cured properly. Many people are under such type of conditions. I will put stress on author's advice.
ReplyDeleteWhy people hesitant to speak in public? Main reason is they are over consious about themselves and less confident about the subject matter they are going to speak about. The secret is to make them confident about the subject matter and make them focus on the matter - the issue in front of them. I know a couple of executives and CEOs achieved this by using an interactive software program called "Smart Communicaiton through Wit & Wisdom". (Pardon me if the name of the program is wrong - you can always go for an Internet search.)
ReplyDeletei buy that stupid program and it dosen't work
ReplyDeleteR u just promoting the product for sale
ReplyDeleteThere are a lot of pages like these. These are not helping people with phobia or fear. have some heart. show some sympathy.....
ReplyDeleteNice article and informative too. I liked it.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing this..
ReplyDeletePublic Speaking, Comm skills and Personality Development Skills…your search ends here..visit http://www.focuswithtokas.com/courses.php
It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.
ReplyDelete